Chief Executive Officer
- As Chief Executive Officer, John is responsible for all elements of Cordelio’s business, with a particular focus on strategic direction, growth, operations and finance.
- John has been in renewable energy since 2003 and was formerly the CEO at Alterra Power Corp. until the company was sold to Innergex. John has previously served in senior renewable leadership positions at GE Energy Financial Services, Terra-Gen Power, and Noble Environmental Power.
- John holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree from Purdue University.
Chief Operating Officer
- Paul oversees operations, construction and development for all of Cordelio’s projects.
- Paul has been in renewable energy since 1987 including over 21 years with BC Hydro, focusing on the design, construction, operations, and maintenance of hydropower projects and ten years with Alterra Power, where he provided operational, project development, and construction leadership for wind, solar, hydro and geothermal power projects.
- Paul holds a Bachelor of Applied Science from the University of British Columbia and is a registered professional engineer.
Chief Commercial Officer
- As Chief Commercial Officer, Nick leads Cordelio’s growth efforts, including M&A, offtake origination, project finance, growth strategies, and equipment procurement.
- Nick has been in renewable energy since 2012 with Alterra Power and Innergex. Nick has completed over US$1.5 billion of renewable power transactions and has sourced and negotiated over 1,200 MW of offtake agreements for wind, solar, and storage projects.
- Nick holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance from the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia.
Chief Financial Officer
- As Chief Financial Officer, Chris leads Cordelio’s finance, accounting, FP&A, and tax functions, and is a key leader on company strategies and M&A.
- Chris has over 25 years of experience including 12 years in the energy sector, including most recently at CPP Investments where he was a Managing Director in the Sustainable Energies Group (“SEG”) with leadership responsibility for renewable power investments in the Americas. Chris chaired the SEG Investment Committee and represented CPP Investments on the boards of Cordelio Power, Puget Sound Energy and Pattern Energy and other companies in the mid-stream sector in North and South America. Prior to CPP Investments Chris worked at CIBC for 18 years in a variety of investment and merchant banking roles including 5 years as Managing Director and Head of Energy M&A.
- Chris holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Queen's University and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Toronto (gold medalist), and is a Chartered Professional Accountant
SVP, Transactions & General Counsel
- As Senior Vice President & General Counsel, Luke oversees all legal matters, and is actively involved in Cordelio’s corporate development and M&A, finance and project development.
- Luke has been in renewable energy since 2015, with Alterra Power, and subsequently Innergex, where he led the negotiation and execution of M&A, debt, and equity finance transactions, commercial, offtake and supply arrangements, and other matters associated with the development, finance, construction, and operation of renewable energy assets.
- Luke holds a J.D. and B.A. and is a member of the law society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.
SVP, Origination & Structuring
- As Senior Vice President, Origination and Structuring, Brenda leads Cordelio’s offtake contract efforts and negotiations.
- Brenda has been in renewable energy since 2003 with EDP Renewables and its predecessors, Ocean Renewable Power Company, SunEdison and Enel. In addition to her origination expertise, Brenda has been involved with renewable energy projects during all stages of their lifecycle, with particular focus on project development.
- Brenda holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of California at Berkeley Haas School and a Bachelor of Science degree from Bentley University.
- As the Innovation Leader, Daniel is responsible for developing energy storage solutions.
- Daniel has over 30 years of energy sector experience in developing, building, owning, and operating renewable energy projects throughout North America. Daniel was formerly the CEO of GlidePath Power and the CEO of the North American division of one of the world’s leading renewable companies, ACCIONA Energy.
- Daniel holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Notre Dame
- As VP, Controller, Sarah oversees accounting, financial reporting and taxation for Cordelio and its subsidiaries.
- Sarah has been in renewable energy since 2010, with Potentia Renewables Inc. and Brookfield Renewable Partners, where she held various positions in financial planning and analysis, corporate accounting and reporting. Previously, Sarah was a part of the assurance group at Ernst & Young LLP.
- Sarah holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of Toronto and is a Chartered Professional Accountant.
VP, Project Finance & M&A
- Ajay plays a key role in Cordelio’s growth efforts, including project finance, corporate development, offtake origination and M&A.
- Ajay has been in renewable energy since 2011, with Northland Power Inc. where he managed corporate finance and strategy in addition to a portfolio of over 600 MW of the company’s gas co-generation, wind, solar and biomass assets. During his time at Ernst & Young Ajay was responsible for the portfolio valuations of over $16 billion of renewable power assets.
- Ajay holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Finance from the University of Toronto and holds a CPA designation.
VP, Grid Integration
- As VP, Grid Integration Clayton leads the company’s transmission and interconnection activities from a market and commercial perspective. He oversees Cordelio’s transmission and interconnection processes and evaluates new interconnection opportunities and potential constraints related to Cordelio’s projects and the broader markets.
- Clayton has been in the power industry for over 15 years, most recently with NextEra where he focused on renewable generation interconnection, asset optimization and technical and strategic solutions for power systems integration, and prior to that with ConEd, holding leadership positions in engineering and control center operations.
- Clayton has an MBA from Western New England University, an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Manhattan College with a concentration in Power System, a B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from New York Institute of Technology, and a graduate certificate from the Harvard Business School in Leadership Principles.
Director, Land & Community
- Stephanie leads Cordelio’s efforts around landowner relationship, First Nations matters and community-related agreements. Stephanie and her team work on all phases of the project lifecycle, including development, construction and operations. She interfaces directly with our project stakeholders and onsite teams to ensure agreement commitments are fulfilled.
- Stephanie has been in renewable energy since 2012, holding positions at BC Hydro, Alterra Power and Innergex. Stephanie has built and managed relationships with numerous landowners (500+), First Nations and local communities.
- Stephanie holds a Bachelor of Arts Honours in English Literature from Carleton University.
Director, Project Finance & M&A
- Pierre plays a key role in Cordelio’s growth efforts, including project finance, project development, offtake origination and M&A.
- Pierre has worked in infrastructure since 2016, and renewable energy since 2018. Prior to joining Cordelio, Pierre worked on renewable energy debt and tax equity financing at Citigroup Inc., where he helped finance more than 650 MW of wind and solar assets in the U.S.
- Pierre holds a Bachelor of Science from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service in Washington, D.C.
- As Director of Finance, Jon oversees corporate finance compliance, treasury, and US taxation for Cordelio and its subsidiaries.
- Jon has been in renewable energy since 2015, with Alterra Power, and subsequently Innergex, where he led the financial reporting, tax reporting, and other financial compliance associated with management of a portfolio of development and operating US renewable energy assets. Prior to that, Jon was a part of the assurance groups at both Ernst & Young and Deloitte.
- Jon holds a Bachelor of Arts from the Simon Fraser University, a Diploma in Accounting from the University of British Columbia and holds the CPA, CA, designation.
Director, Project Development
- As Director of Project Development, Mac is responsible for managing Cordelio’s development activities including permitting, resource, environmental and interconnection-related matters, as well as strategic considerations for Cordelio’s development efforts.
- Mac has been in renewable energy for over 15 years, beginning with the environmental management of hydroelectric and wind facilities in Canada - B.C. Prior to joining Cordelio, Mac worked for Innergex Renewable Energy with the responsibility to grow and advance a portfolio of development assets in the Western US.
- Mac holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of British Columbia and is a Registered Professional Biologist and Project Management Professional.