Senior Associate, Project Finance
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Details: New York (Manhattan) office
Cordelio Power Inc. is an independent power producer that develops, owns and manages renewable power facilities across North America, and is a wholly owned subsidiary Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). Cordelio currently manages a 1,000+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) direct ownership of a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario, and (ii) a 656 MW portfolio investment (net interest) owned by CPPIB through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver and New York.
Cordelio is seeking a renewable energy finance professional to join an experienced team with a newly expanded mission to grow our Company in the United States and Canada. The Senior Associate, Project Finance will play a key role in the growth of the business, through mergers and acquisitions, project development, and financings.
What's in it for you:
- Be a part of a financially stable scale up environment that encourages personal growth and new ideas
- A chance to work with world class renewable generation operational organizations
- The ability to impact how your position and role will develop with the company
- A full-time role with competitive compensation and benefits package
- Passionate about renewable energy
- An agile change agent with strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Energetic and self-motivated with the ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Comfortable and thrives within an ambiguous environment
- Accountable and entrepreneurial in spirit
- An extraordinary communicator
We Need You To:
- Lead financial modeling, bid valuation, and due diligence for renewable energy project M&A opportunities
- Collaborate with the Chief Commercial Officer on the negotiation, structuring and drafting of transaction documentation for wind, solar, and storage project acquisitions and financings
- Manage all aspects of due diligence on tax equity and debt project financings
- Oversee the building and maintenance of financial models for in-house renewable energy projects, and engage in the project development process
- Lead the evaluation and analysis of power offtake opportunities to determine offer pricing and structures, in close conjunction with the commercial and development teams
- Prepare and present business cases to management and the Cordelio Board of Directors regarding project acquisitions, business development opportunities, project financings and key strategic project decisions
Experience & Abilities You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, economics or related field
- 4-7 years of project finance, investment banking experience or M&A experience, with at least two years in the renewable energy industry
- Strong proficiency in renewable energy financial modeling in Excel, including tax equity partnership structures and debt financings
- Hands-on experience performing financial analysis and due diligence for U.S. renewable energy project financings and/or M&A transactions
- Understanding of project financing and M&A processes, with experience in reviewing term sheets and definitive documentation a plus
- Ability to articulate financial modeling results in a concise and clear manner, including to non-finance team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop effective PowerPoint presentations
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person's unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.