Reporting to the Sr. Director of Construction and Engineering, the Sr. Project Manager, Execution will be responsible to manage the execution of the design and construction of new build utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants. Through 2025 at least, this will focus on a portfolio of solar projects in the state of New York, with subsequent projects as per the company focus. This includes execution, management, design, and construction of the entire project from handover from pre-construction activities through to testing, commissioning, and commercial operation and handover of a complete project to operations while providing construction expertise within Cordelio Power (development, construction, and operations).
Cordelio manages a 1,200+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario, and (ii) a 656 MW (net) wind and solar portfolio owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”) through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio is also actively building a wind, solar, and storage development pipeline with a projected nameplate capacity of greater than 11,000 MW. Cordelio carries out its operations and growth activities by working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is based in Toronto, Ontario, with offices in Vancouver, BC and New York, NY and is wholly owned by CPP Investments, which has ~C$550B in net assets.
· Direct and oversee construction projects of Cordelio’s NY state portfolio from EPC contractor selection to commissioning and commercial operation while monitoring compliance with safety, environmental, and building regulations.
· Coordinate the prime contractors and the construction team to meet design, financial, and contractual conditions of performance.
· Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, budget status, weekly progress, estimates, and deliverables.
· Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
· Manage and responsible for the entire project budget from construction financial closing through to term conversion financial closing.
· Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the company’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
· Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
· Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the company’s requirements.
· Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, vendors, landowners, and AHJs.
· Four to ten years progressive responsible engineering, construction, and/or project management experience in the renewable energy industry. Project management experience is preferred.
· Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in construction management or engineering is required. Equivalent experience may be considered.
· Familiarity with NYSERDA and NY State regulations and permits a plus.
· Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
· Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills.
· Ability to prioritize and resolve multiple project execution issues under demanding schedule constraints.
· Superior management and delegation capabilities.
· High level of financial responsibilities.
· Familiarity with typical computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
· Ability to work within a team and associated people skills.
· Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts.
· Initially, up to 50% primarily to projects across the state of New York. Long term beyond initial portfolio in NY, up to 45% domestically (U.S. and Canada). Includes travel primarily to remote project locations as well as occasionally to company, vendor, and supplier facilities.
· Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and New York and may eventually set up an office in the Western U.S. This role is meant to be remotely located so as to provide regular and frequent visits to projects in development through construction across the New York state area. Long term, the position may remain remote to support ongoing projects in the eastern U.S., or as directed by Cordelio.
Cordelio is focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.
Learn more about Cordelio at www.cordeliopower.com OR follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/cordelio-power-inc/.