Reporting to the Vice President, Project Development and Operations, the Senior Manager, Construction will lead and oversee construction of wind, solar and battery storage power projects, as well as contribute to due diligence reviews of potential projects and development of existing projects.delivery options, and will support the company’s transmission project development, acquisition, and operational activities.
Cordelio manages a 1,000+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario, and (ii) a 656 MW (net) wind and solar portfolio owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”) through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio is also actively building a wind, solar, and storage development pipeline with a projected nameplate capacity of greater than 4,500 MW. Cordelio carries out its operations and growth activities by working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is based in Toronto, Ontario, and is wholly owned by CPP Investments, which has ~C$500B in net assets.
- Develop construction plans, schedules and cost estimates to support project development and M&A activities
- Develop and lead RFPs to select construction contractors and equipment suppliers
- Lead construction activities for projects, including:
- Act as Owner’s Representative for construction and equipment supply contracts
- Manage schedule and cost to meet project objectives
- Develop Owner construction management plans
- Procure/select/manage onsite construction management resources (internal or external)
- Provide oversight on QA/QC, HSE compliance
- Attend regular site meetings (approximately monthly) to monitor construction progress
- Oversee construction document management and handover at start of operations
- Develop and maintain database of construction and equipment costs
- Participate in due diligence review of prospective wind, solar and/or storage development asset acquisitions
- Manage or lead interaction with a team of internal and external resources
- Cooperate with and assist project finance and M&A teams
- University degree or equivalent in relevant disciplines (e.g. engineering, environmental, MBA)
- Strong track record of successful construction leadership for Canada/US wind, solar and/or storage projects in various markets (MISO and/or PJM experience an asset)
- Strong personnel management skills with proven ability to work well in teams
- Experience in managing and interacting with remote or indirect internal and external resources, including consultants and contractors
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel requirements estimated at up to 20% – 30%
- Vancouver or Toronto preferred if candidate is Canadian resident
- Opportunity for remote/virtual work for select candidates or US residents
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.
Learn more about Cordelio at www.cordeliopower.com OR follow us on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/company/cordelio-power-inc/