Details: New York City or Toronto Offices
Cordelio is a renewable power producer that manages an operating portfolio of over 1,200 MW of renewable power assets in Canada and the USA. We also oversee a growth pipeline of over 10,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects spread across the USA. We perform all of our operations and growth activities with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is wholly owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver and New York.
Cordelio Power, a growing renewable Power Producer (the “Company”) as they expand their Project Finance and M&A team in New York City and Toronto.
The business has an experienced leadership team and are backed by top tier institutional capital. The Company has grown an extensive development pipeline of wind, solar, and energy storage projects across North America. This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm truly at the forefront of the energy transition.
The ideal candidate will have experience in renewable energy or other real assets, project finance, investments, or project valuation, with an independent power producer or renewable energy developer, investment bank, investment fund, or valuation consultant.
• Perform financial modeling and analysis, and support due diligence activities, as part of a deal team for project and portfolio acquisitions, joint ventures, and other development partnership opportunities
• Actively participate in tax equity and debt project financings with Cordelio deal team, performing modeling, assisting in financier due diligence, and transaction management
• Build, refine, and maintain financial models for in-house wind, solar, and energy storage development projects
• Actively engage and participate in the project development process, including providing guidance at key decision points on project returns and value
• Support the evaluation and analysis of power offtake opportunities to determine offer pricing and structures, in close conjunction with the commercial and development teams
• Prepare presentations for Cordelio management and Board of Directors regarding project acquisitions, project financings and key strategic project decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, economics or other quantitative fields
• 1-2 years of investment, finance, or valuation work experience within the renewable energy, power, or other real asset industries (infrastructure, real estate, transportation, etc.)
• Strong financial modeling capabilities required
• Ability to articulate financial modeling results in a concise and clear manner
• Passion for renewable energy, with a willingness to learn about U.S. power markets and wind, solar, and energy storage project development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop effective and concise presentation materials
• Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable
Cordelio Power are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. They are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. Cordelio Power are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.