Reporting primarily to the Director of Finance, the Manager of Finance will be responsible for managing the financial planning and analysis team, responsible for analysis and insights into the business results for management reporting purposes.
Cordelio manages 1,000+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario (51% owned by Cordelio), and (ii) a 656 MW (net) wind and solar portfolio owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”) through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio is also actively building a wind, solar, and storage development pipeline with a projected nameplate capacity of greater than 4,500 MW of wind, solar and storage projects in the western and midwestern US. Cordelio carries out its operations and growth activities by working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is based in Toronto, Ontario, and is wholly owned by CPP Investments, which has ~C$500B in net assets.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, including coordination with various stakeholders across the organization
- Lead the consolidation and analysis of budgets, present clear and concise findings, and prepare reporting materials in respect thereof
- Oversee integration of new projects into the overall corporate model and internal reporting processes, including with respect to long-term capital planning
- Lead implementation and management of Cordelio’s portfolio of corporate, Holdco, and asset financing agreements, including drawdowns, issuances of letters of credit, compliance and reporting for debt, tax equity, and other partnership agreements
- Oversee creation and management of tracking financial models for operating wind, solar, and energy storage projects
- Participate in sourcing and maintaining corporate credit facilities with lenders
- Perform review and analysis of additional credit/debt opportunities, including financial analysis and documentation in respect thereof
- Prepare management reports and board presentations
- Oversee corporate reforecasting, including coordination with various stakeholders across the organization
- Monitor and analyze corporate cash balances and initiate funding as needed
- Provide support and manage ad hoc projects as needed by the Director of Finance or Chief Financial Officer
- Participate in continuous improvement of systems, processes, and reporting
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and other MS Office applications
- Advanced financial modeling skills, with knowledge of best practices, strong attention to detail, and exceptional documentation skills
- Experience with corporate, Holdco, and asset financing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and meet multiple objectives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in changing situations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning systems required; experience with NetSuite and Vena Solutions considered an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance
- Recognized professional designation (e.g. CPA) is an asset
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in corporate finance and FP&A; renewable energy experience is an asset.
Cordelio Power has offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and New York. This role is expected to be located in our Toronto office.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives, and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy, and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.
Learn more about Cordelio at www.cordeliopower.com OR follow us on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/company/cordelio-power-inc/