Cordelio is a renewable power producer that manages an operating portfolio of over 1,200 MW of renewable power assets in Canada and the USA. We also oversee a growth pipeline of over 10,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects spread across the USA. We perform all of our operations and growth activities with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is wholly owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver and New York.
Reporting to the Director, Land & Community, the Land Coordinator is responsible for supporting all land-related activities for Cordelio’s wind and solar projects from development, through construction and into operations.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Communicate and plan regularly with the project development, construction and operational teams to determine resourcing, timelines for deliverables and support required for development stage, construction stage and operational stage projects.
• Communicates project development activities to landowners and works to build and maintain relationships with landowners, community members and project site personnel, including to resolve challenging and conflict situations with landowners in a timely manner.
• Engage with and manage external land acquisition resources/consultants, construction contractors and consultants to ensure compliance with Cordelio practices and existing landowner commitments.
• Work closely with internal and external legal counsel to prepare/review legal documentation and negotiate terms related to the same (including leases, easements, side agreements for water use etc.).
• Work closely with title insurance company and legal team to review title commitments and prepare/obtain any necessary title curative documentation (including affidavits, probate clean up, legal description discrepancies, subordination agreements, tax liens etc.).
• Liaise with surveyor to prepare and review ALTA survey.
• Facilitate the signing of various project documents with stakeholders, including agreements, amendments, payment authorization forms, estoppels etc.
• Assist Land/Communication Manager in preparation of landowner and/or community events.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget for the Land Department.
• Creates and maintains spreadsheets to track tasks, agreements etc. and coordinates activities with other colleagues.
• Support Cordelio’s due diligence reviews of potential project acquisitions.
• Facilitates all activities related to payments associated with Cordelio’s land and community agreements (including property tax reimbursement, landowner correspondence, budgeting, etc.). Reviews and analyzes language in agreements to ensure accuracy of payment amounts.
• Inputs, maintains and manages data and agreement commitments in Cordelio’s land software system, Pandell’s LandWorks.
• University degree preferred.
• 2-4 years’ experience in similar role.
• Experience in interacting with remote or indirect internal and external resources, including landowners, consultants and contractors.
• Experience in renewable energy, or other large infrastructure industry is an asset.
• Must be able to read and analyze heavily worded legal documentation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with specific attention to detail.
• Experience using Pandell’s LandWorks or as a Legal Assistant/Paralegal is an asset.
• Travel requirements estimated at 20-30%.
• Opportunity for remote/virtual work for select candidates or US residents
If you are interested in submitting your curriculum vitae for this position, we kindly request that you include a cover letter stating your salary expectations.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.