Reporting to General Counsel, will play a key role on our legal team, including leading negotiation, documentation and execution of mergers and acquisitions, project development, financings and other corporate activities.
Cordelio Power (“Cordelio”, or the “company”) is an independent renewable power producer based in North America. Cordelio manages and oversees the operations of over 1,000 MW (approx. 850 MW net ownership) of wind and solar generation facilities located across several provinces in Canada, plus Nevada and Colorado.
Cordelio has also established a growth platform that owns an interest in more than 3,000 MW of wind, solar and energy storage development assets. Cordelio’s growth efforts are substantially focused in select power markets in the United States.
Cordelio is wholly-owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”), a professional institutional investor with over C$475 billion in assets under management. Within CPP Investments, Cordelio Power is housed in and overseen by the Power & Renewables group, which has invested more than $6 billion in the renewable energy space since 2018, including investments in Cordelio Power, Pattern Energy, and Renewable Power Capital.
Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver and New York.
- Be a key member of Cordelio’s development, operation and project finance teams providing legal support and advice to a growing business.
- Draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of agreements, including:
- Debt and equity financing arrangements (both corporate and project level)
- Acquisitions of renewable energy projects and assets
- Commercial agreements, including offtake, procurement, supply and operations
- Leases, easements and options in respect of real property interests
- Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreements, approval processes, corporate governance, tax structuring, company policies and procedures and business strategy.
- Develop and maintain expert and current knowledge on new developments and legal guidance relevant to our business and industry.
- Perform and lead legal due diligence as key member of our transaction team.
- Manage relationships with internal advisors, investors, external counsel and other stakeholders.
- Assist with general commercial, risk management, HR matters and special projects as needed.
- J.D. or L.L.B. degree.
- License to practice law in British Columbia.
- 4-7 years relevant legal experience (renewable energy experience an asset).
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms, legal principles and relevant risks to development, operations and finance teams.
- Flexible and adaptable within a high change environment.
- Experience and willingness to lead negotiation of a wide variety commercial agreements.
- Strong personnel management skills with proven ability to work well in teams.
- Strong business acumen, problem solving and communication skills.
- This role is expected to be located in our Vancouver office (occasional travel will be required).
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.
Learn more about Cordelio at www.cordeliopower.com OR follow us on Linkedin at https://www.linkedin.com/company/cordelio-power-inc/