Cordelio is a renewable power producer that manages an operating portfolio of over 1,200 MW of renewable power assets in Canada and the USA. We also oversee a growth pipeline of over 10,000 MW of wind, solar and storage projects spread across the USA. We perform all of our operations and growth activities with a view toward working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is wholly owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver and New York.
Cordelio is seeking a candidate passionate about renewable energy to join our rapidly growing Company. The Corporate Counsel will play a key role on our legal team, including leading negotiation, documentation and execution of mergers and acquisitions, project development, financings and other corporate activities.
· Be a key member of Cordelio’s development, operation and project finance teams providing legal support and advice to a growing business.
· Draft, negotiate and manage a wide variety of agreements, including:
· Debt and equity financing arrangements (both corporate and project level)
· Acquisitions of renewable energy projects and assets
· Commercial agreements, including offtake, procurement, supply and operations
· Leases, easements and options in respect of real property interests
· Advise on legal issues and risks, complex agreements, approval processes, corporate governance, tax structuring, company policies and procedures and business strategy.
· Develop and maintain expert and current knowledge on new developments and legal guidance relevant to our business and industry.
· Perform and lead legal due diligence as key member of our transaction team.
· Manage relationships with internal advisors, investors, external counsel and other stakeholders.
· Assist with general commercial, risk management, HR matters and special projects as needed.
· D. or L.L.B. degree.
· License to practice law in Ontario.
· 5-10 years relevant legal experience (renewable energy experience an asset).
· Ability to understand, interpret and explain contractual terms, legal principles and relevant risks to development, operations and finance teams.
· Flexible and adaptable within a high change environment.
· Experience and willingness to lead negotiation of a wide variety commercial agreements.
· Strong personnel management skills with proven ability to work well in teams.
· Strong business acumen, problem solving and communication skills.
· This role is expected to be located in our Toronto office (occasional travel will be required).
· Cordelio Power has offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and New York. This role is expected to be located in our Toronto office.