Reporting to the Sr. Asset Manager, the Asset Manager will be responsible for managing a wide range of tasks related to the oversight, commercial operations and development of new and existing utility-scale renewable energy power generation plants in Canada and the U.S. (wind, solar and storage). This includes detailed KPI reporting, compliance related support (IESO, MISO, NERC, FERC etc.) and the ability to project manage asset optimization initiatives. Working in a fast-paced environment, the asset manager will have the ability to work independently, prioritize, deliver against deadlines and pivot when necessary.
Cordelio manages a 1,200+ MW renewable power generation portfolio that includes (i) a 396 MW portfolio of wind and solar projects in Ontario, and (ii) a 656 MW (net) wind and solar portfolio owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (“CPP Investments”) through a joint venture with a strategic partner. Cordelio is also actively building a wind, solar, and storage development pipeline with a projected nameplate capacity of greater than 7,000 MW. Cordelio carries out its operations and growth activities by working with all stakeholders in an efficient, safe and environmentally responsible manner. Cordelio is based in Toronto, Ontario, with offices in Vancouver, BC and New York, NY and is wholly owned by CPP Investments, which has ~C$500B in net assets.
Reporting, Performance and Analytics
- Support Asset Management (“AM”) team with tracking and reporting of KPIs for wind and solar assets weekly, monthly and annually
- Support AM team with internal and external reporting responsibilities including the preparation of PowerPoint, Excel and other materials as required
- Review analytics, lead related actions, integrate with reporting and review with operations
Administration and Compliance
- Manage administrative obligations tied to existing and development assets (account set up and updates, online portal management with third parties, engaging with government organizations)
- Support compliance related documentation requirements (IESO, MISO, NERC, FERC) in a variety of markets and with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Work with the team to track and manage the overall portfolio operational budget plan including budget preparation & budget forecasting – work with the Site Managers and third parties to fulfil these duties
- Support the team with commercial contract management and administration, expediting payments, procurement and budgeting
- Support the team in negotiations with project vendors and service suppliers to analyze costs and/or improve services
- Work with the Operations team to understand and help resolve operational issues that affect financial performance
- Coordinate with the Finance team to ensure timely preparation of project budgets and reforecasts, and monthly operating reports with accurate explanations of variances to budget
- Support M&A team on due diligence relating to project acquisition opportunities
- Ability to lead and project manage the implementation of new asset optimization initiatives with third party suppliers
- Input into the development and construction process of new projects to ensure that asset management platform is established for future operation and maintenance
- Support the team in maximizing project financial performance by managing risks, seeking, evaluating, and executing opportunities to improve project performance
- Five (5) years’ experience in renewable energy asset management preferred (wind and solar)
- Solid understanding of renewable energy commercial project operations, management of portfolios of energy assets
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Keen multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Solid understanding and ability to work with a variety of software (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Word), strong Excel skills for KPI tracking and analysis required
- Experience in analytical and compliance related software a plus
- Presentation skills and ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical persons in lay-person language and concepts
- Up to 10% primarily domestically (U.S. and Canada). Includes travel to project locations as well as occasionally to company facilities and technical conferences
- Cordelio has offices in Toronto, Vancouver, and New York and is expecting to set up an office in the Western U.S. by 2H 2022. This role is expected to be located in the Toronto or Vancouver office
Cordelio is focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and value each person’s unique background, diversity, experience, perspectives and talent. Full participation of all employees in a safe, healthy and respectful environment is key to individual and Company success. We are committed to fully utilizing the abilities of all employees and expect each to honour this commitment in their daily responsibilities.
As part of our commitment, we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify the Talent Acquisition team.